Tuesday 23 October 2012

The Night Before Christmas By Scarlett Bailey



didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

All Lydia's ever wanted is a perfect Christmas...

So when her oldest friends invite her to spend the holidays with them, it seems like a dream come true. She's been promised log fires, roasted chestnuts, her own weight in mince pies - all in a setting that looks like something out of a Christmas card.

But her winter wonderland is ruined when she finds herself snowed in with her current boyfriend, her old flame and a hunky stranger. Well, three (wise) men is traditional at this time of year...


- - -
My first Christmas book for this year and i enjoyed very much. The cover is a festive one which got me in the festive mood straight away. Now I know this book came out last year for Christmas but I've only just got round to reading It hehe.
I love that the setting for the book is based up in Cumbria which isn't too far away from myself so it made it feel very homely indeed. We Meet Four old Friends who have decided to spend Christmas together. One of the friends Katy and her Husband Jim had recently just bought a lovely hotel in Cumbria where they are all going to be staying for Christmas. We Meet Lydia and Boyfriend Stephen, Katy and Husband Jim with their two children, Pregnant Alex and Husband David and Joanna and New Boyfriend Jackson..who just so happens to be somebody from Lydia's past...And we also meet a lovely cute stranger called Will.

This book had a lovely mixed bunch of characters but i loved every single one of them and the chapters was easy enough to follow with all the characters. I loved all the goings on in the hotel and I thought it was nice that they all came together to spend a perfect Christmas...
It was a fab read and had me giggling quite a few times. I would definitely read another book by Scarlett Bailey, she writes the book with so much detail and at times makes you wish you was a fly on the wall. It really did deserve the 5 stars I gave. Get buying and reading now!

Paperback                    Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment