Tuesday 9 October 2012

The Meryl Streep Movie Club By Mia March



really liked it (my current rating) really liked it (my current rating) really liked it (my current rating) really liked it (my current rating)

Three estranged women - two sisters(Isabel & June Nash) and the cousin(Kat Weller) they grew up with after a haunting tragedy find unexpected happiness in the most unexpected way by watching Meryl Streep movies together. It is only when the three are summoned to their family matriarch's inn on the coast of Maine for an important announcement by Lolly Weller(Kat's mother & Isabel's&June's Auntie) that they are able to reconnect through surprising and heartfelt discussions of movies such as Out of Africa and Mamma Mia! and discover who they really are and what they truly want...


I did quite enjoy reading this story it was very heart warming and did bring a few tears to my eyes a couple of times. At times i felt like i actually knew the characters and was very happy to read that they all found happiness in the end. If your looking for a light beach read then you will be disappointed because this story just can't be rushed you have to enjoy every moment. I loved that the author Mia March chose Meryl Streep films as the one to be inspiring the characters with each film and how they really felt and their own opinion.

I would recommend anyone to read if you loved films that Meryl Streep has been in.

No comments:

Post a Comment