Wednesday 27 August 2014

Book Review: Beyond Grace's Rainbow by Carmel Harrington


Title: Beyond Grace's Rainbow
Author: Carmel Harrington
Publisher: Harper Impulse
Publication Date: 14th November 2013



Blurb
When young single mother Grace Devlin is diagnosed with cancer, her best chance of survival is to find a bone marrow transplant. But with her young son Jack to think about, and the return of his father Liam reminding her of feelings she’d thought she’d buried long ago, Grace refuses to give up hope just yet.
With the help of her friends she bravely embarks on a journey of discovery – one that will bring her from her home in vibrant Dublin to the unspoilt beauty of Wexford, where Grace must unravel a web of lies and deceit that has spanned over thirty years.


Verdict

There has been so many people and bloggers who have been praising Beyond Grace's Rainbow so much, While i've been on my blogging break I had chance to read it. I knew i would need tissues at the ready!

We meet Grace who is a single mum to her little boy Jack but has a small group of friends who are so dear and love each other lots.Grace finds out she has cancer.....a huge bombshell which leaves Grace wanting to live life to the full. Liam Grace's ex and father to Jack comes back into their lives wanting to prove himself and prove his love to Grace and Jack.

I absolutely loved this book so so much, I cried, I laughed, I smiled and I cried again. The thing I loved about Beyond Grace's Rainbow is reading Grace's story and she is like a breath of fresh air sometimes while I was reading her story, you could also tell she was a very loved person by her friends. 

I loved every single character, I couldn't fault anybody. Tom and Gerry made me giggle a few times and Tara reminded me of how my friends act towards an ex! hehe.
Liam made my heart melt as I did feel quite sorry for him and you could clearly tell how much he wanted to prove to Grace how he had changed being a recovering alcoholic.

Beyond Grace's Rainbow is a big huge 5 stars from me for being a beautiful, sad, breath-taking and loveable book, which will make you realise how precious life is. 
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

No comments:

Post a Comment