Friday 10 May 2013

Down London Road By Samantha Young

Title: Down London Road
Author: Samantha Young
Publisher: Penguin Books
Publication Date: 7th May 2013

Johanna Walker is used to taking charge. But she's about to meet someone who will make her lose control. . .
It has always been up to Johanna to care for her family, particularly her younger brother, Cole. With an absent father and a useless mother, she's been making decisions based on what's best for Cole as long as she can remember. She even determines what men to date by how much they can provide for her brother and her, not on whatever sparks may - or may not --fly.

But with Cameron MacCabe, the attraction is undeniable. The sexy new bartender at work gives her butterflies every time she looks at him. And for once, Jo is tempted to put her needs first. Cam is just as obsessed with getting to know Jo, but her walls are too solid to let him get close enough to even try.

Then Cam moves into the flat below Jo's, and their blistering connection becomes impossible to ignore. Especially since Cam is determined to uncover all of Jo's secrets even if it means taking apart her defenses piece by piece.

didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it


First of all I need to say a big Thank You to Katie Sheldrake for my review copy of Down London Road.
I adored this so so much just like I did with On Dublin Street, At first I was puzzled as this being in the ODS series I didn't know who Johanna Walker was but once started reading I realised Jo works with Joss or Jocelyn from ODS at Club 39 which made me a little excited because we got to read a bit more Braden and Joss too hehe.

I knew from when I got this book that I was going to love this book just as much as I did with ODS, You can easily warm to all the characters thanks to the way Samantha writes and describes them well. So we meet Johanna Walker or Jo to everyone, is always juggling things in her life one looking after her younger brother Cole and two always working to keep things afloat for her and Cole. With their dad not around and their mum not very useful, Jo has to keep her family together at all costs...but when a new handsome guy called Cam starts work at the club, can Jo stop herself from being very attracted to him or could things go wrong?

I loved this book and it was amazing, It is definitely has plenty of emotion throughout which for any reader will keep you hooked and always to read more and more. It was great to see Joss and Braden back in the book and reading more about them made me very happy indeed, I loved how Johanna & Cole where always invited for family dinner at Braden's mum & dad's house, it just made you understand the closeness between the whole family and how friendly they all are.
At First I couldn't quite warm up to Cam, I thought he came across as a bit of prick and bit big headed but once I started to see Jo and Cam's relationship blossom I thought he was quite a warming guy who would do anything for Jo with all costs although Jo's insecurities were always going to get in the way.
I wasn't a big fan of Jo's dad, he was an utter tool and for him to do that to his daughter was quite sickening.

Five words to describe this book... Laughter, tears, smiles, Amazingness & Emotional

I just urge you all that you are going to love this book just as much I did and I hope to see more of On Dublin Street series, maybe with Ellie and Adam next time ;)
Thank You Samantha Young for being a wonderful author and writing such amazing books that you have all us ladies wooed by the charms of Braden and Cam ;) Keep showing us these handsome men hehe!

Paperback                    Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment