Tuesday 3 December 2013

Book Review: I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk

Title: I Heart Christmas

Author: Lindsey Kelk
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 21st November 2013

Blurb

Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York…


• Enormous Christmas tree
• Eggnog
• Eccentric British traditions
• Gorgeous man

But Santa’s throwing her a few curveballs – new job (as if it’s not mental enough already), new baby-craze from her best friend Jenny, and Alex determined they should grow up and settle down. Once friends start turning up uninvited on her doorstep (and leading her astray), can Angela really have a merry little Christmas? So much for happy holidays – something’s got to give…



Verdict
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it  - A Magical and Very Festive Read. Definitely In my top 10 Christmas Reads 2013 that's for sure hehe!


Yayyyy Angela and Alex are back!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I was very excited about I heart Christmas coming out. I have loved the I heart series so much so far and when I heard there was going to be one more I was so over joyed hehe!

So we finally see Angela and Alex again planning their own fairytale of New York..Angela is busy planning everything for Christmas as a British girl, Christmas is the most favourite time of the year of her and she want's everything to be perfect but when Santa throws a few problems at her, new job and Jenny gone all baby craze, Friend's start turning up uninvited causing Angela to go in to chaos. Let's hope Angela gets her perfect Christmas...

This was just ever so superb! I loved it and even finished it in a day! I just couldn't put the book down, was so hooked and enjoying catching up with what Angela and Alex had been doing, now a newlywed couple they are preparing themselves for Christmas which any British girl like Angela loves although she hasn't got the Boots catalogue to help her with the countdown to Christmas though this time.

I am such a huge fan of Lindsey Kelk's books So I knew this one wasn't going to disappoint and I wasn't wrong..I was laughing, crying, and just loving the book so much.
I loved the cover first time I set my eyes on it, I got all giddy thinking about Christmas..and this was back in November hehe.

It was so good to read about Angela, Jenny and Louisa altogether again yay :) I Heart Christmas concentrate on more on Louisa and what she is facing at home with her husband Tim in which she comes running all the way to New York to escape.
Jenny always brings Drama with her wherever she goes which always makes you giggle :)

and guess who else comes back??? you got it. CICI!! yes i was like OMG! when I read but I still giggle now about a certain page in the book tehe! Let's just say Team Louisa hehe!

Even though Lindsey has said this is the last book in the I heart series for a while, I feel it isn't going to be the last time as I feel with the ending left it wide open for another few more books of Angela and Alex.
I heart Christmas definitely has a festive feeling in which you want to get all cosy up and read picturing it being Christmas already hehe!
It is one festive read to be given as a present for Christmas this year just spread more love for the I Heart Series once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment