Tuesday 10 December 2013

Book Review: Cupcakes At Carringtons By Alexandra Brown

Title: Cupcakes At Carringtons

Author: Alexandra Brown
Publisher: Harpercollins
Publication Date: 17th January 2013

Blurb
Georgie Hart loves her job – running the luxury handbag concession at Carrington's Department store in the pretty seaside town of Mulberry-On-Sea, and treating herself (once too often!) to a red velvet cupcake with buttercream icing in Carrington's cafĂ©.

But Georgie is thrown into disarray when Carrington's is plunged into a recession-busting makeover, cueing the arrival of femme fatale Maxine, who wields the axe in her immaculately-manicured hands.


It spells a recipe for disaster for Georgie and soon she is fighting not only for her job, but also for the attentions of her gorgeous boss, James. And when hot newcomer Tom arrives, who may or may not be the best thing since sliced bread, Georgie must decide where her loyalties really lie…



Verdict
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it  A well deserved rating for Cupcakes at Carringtons
a girl who loves Shopping & Handbags all in the same book are going to love this!!

I am a recent new fan of Alexandra Brown's Books and I am so kicking myself as to why I hadn't read Cupcakes at Carrington's sooner..but I suppose my TBR pile is that high at the moment I kinda know why.
Firstly the cover of Cupcakes just looks superb! I feel every girl needs a book like this on their shelves as its girly and anything to do with shopping I just love!

We meet Georgie Hart who runs the luxury handbag concession at Carrington's Department store in Beautiful seaside town of Mulberry-On-Sea who gets to enjoy and treat herself to a red velvet cupcake with buttercream....(Yum don't that just make your mouth water already) hehe!
But as always Georgie is going to be thrown into a panic when Carrington's is plunged into recession makover, where the nasty Maxine arrives and is hating everybody in sight.

I just loved this book ever so much, I loved that it was about a Department store which when being described reminded me of Harrods which I just totally love very much! I think it is really cute how Carrington's is based in a seaside town called Mulberry-On-Sea...Very cute Alexandra!

I loved all the characters in this book..apart from nasty Maxine! Pffftt! Georgie is just amazingly cute and the situation she gets herself into was just so funny but I did feel sorry for her too! She comes across as quite down to earth and is always happy to everybody out and is so sweet.
I also loved Eddie, He is just amazing and super cute! I totally want him to be my Gay Best Friend I would really love that and so would he(hehe :)!)
In every chick lit book there always is a hotty and Tom Carrington or Mr Carrington ;) is just drop dead gorgeous hehe! I want one please Alex!!

For Alexandra Brown's debut book this one is just amazing! Her style of writing is great, keeps you hooked with every chapter and makes you fall in love with all the characters you wish they were all your friends too!
Also You will be dreaming about Red Velvet Cupcakes with buttercream for weeks hehe! Cupcakes at Carrington's is the one book you are going to be laughing with tears running down your face, goingg awwww but also drooling at Mr Carrington ;)
I loved it loved it loved it loved it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment