Tuesday 11 February 2014

Book Review: The Toy Taker(DI Sean Corrigan #3) by Luke Delaney

Title: The Toy Taker
Author: Luke Delaney
Publisher: Harpercollins
Publication Date: 13th February 2014


Blurb
Your child has been taken…

Snatched in the dead of night from the safety of the family home. There’s no sign of forced entry, no one heard or saw a thing.

DI Sean Corrigan investigates.

He needs to find four-year-old George Bridgeman before abduction becomes murder. But his ability to see into dark minds, to think like those he hunts, has deserted him – just when he needs it most.

Another child vanishes.

What kind of monster is Corrigan hunting? And will he work it out in time to save the children?


Verdict


BOOOM.....Luke Delaney is back with his third DI Sean Corrigan novel and things are just getting better!

Thank You Kate at Killer Reads,HarperCollins for sending me an early Arc copy of The Toy Taker, I couldn't wait to start, hehe!
I am big fan of Crime books and I have always been a fan of Mark Billingham, Ian Rankin && Michael Connelly. So When I got sent Luke Delaney's third novel The Toy Taker, I was over the moon once again as I loved both Cold Killing && The Keeper.
A child goes missing, snatched in the middle of the night, no sign of entry & no heard or seen anything. It is Di Sean Corrigan's job to solve this case and catch the abductor before it turns to a murder investigation....


Within the first couple of chapters you are going to be hooked...You are thrown back into Sean Corrigan's world with his colleagues Sally & Dave where its all chaos as they are being relocated to Scotland Yard where they are becoming a new Special Investigations Unit, So any crimes that are really bad,they are called.  I love the way we get to know all the characters and we get deep in Corrigan's mind at times and how he try's to think like the killer's.
I was dreading reading incase it became gruesome, child abductions are bad and I felt like I needed to read with the light on and make sure all the doors were locked.. I did thoroughly enjoy this book though.



I love how with Luke Delaney's books is that with him having experience in the met police and has witnessed cases like this, You definitely feel hooked with his books. Delaney certainly knows what to write to get his readers interested.
I am never a big fan of crime books when it involves children as it effects me quite bad and I can feel quite sadden if anything goes wrong or if the killer does horrible things. At some points in the book I had goosebumps but just needed to carry on reading.
For big fans/new fans of Luke Delaney's book are going to love this book, If you love crime reads, I would definitely recommend this book! I cannot wait for the next book in the DI Sean Corrigan series!
5 words to sum up The Toy Taker; Creepy, Gripping, Pulse-racing, Like-able & will want more & more...
 
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

No comments:

Post a Comment