Sunday 28 April 2013

How We Met By Katy Regan

Title: How We Met
Author: Katy Regan
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 31st January 2013

There are some people you can't imagine life without.
Liv Jenkins had been meticulously planning her ultimate to-do-list - from the outrageous to sensible - of everything she longed to do before her dreaded thirtieth birthday, but when tragedy struck she never got the chance. . .
Two years later, Liv's five closest friends have come together on the anniversary of her death and have made a pact: they will complete Liv's to-do list in tribute to her memory.
Over the next year, before what would've been Liv's thirtieth birthday, her friends set out to complete the tasks. But along the way deeply buried secrets, silent guilt, unrequited love and years of lies, rise to the surface rocking their friendships.
When they reach the end of Liv's list the final task shakes the group to their core and they realise that they must face their futures and the consequences of their pasts, and with Liv's help, live the lives they have always dreamed of.

didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

Firstly I want to apologize for this review being so late and far behind. I want to say Thank you to Katy Regan for sending me a copy of her book, I loved it!
When I got this book, I just loved the cover so much, the colour themes of Red, white and blue was shouting out how British it looked which was great! It is definitely a British story so any reader who is from the UK can relate to it at any time.

So we have Liv Jenkins writing a ultimate to-do-list just before her 30th birthday when tragedy strikes and she leaves her friends suddenly and no chance to complete her tasks. Her friends Fraser, Mia, Anna, Norm and Melody come together on the 2nd year of Liv's death anniversary they make a pact to complete Liv's list together in tribute to her memory...

This story was certainly one I felt I needed tissues with me just incase, Such a bittersweet and lovely story of friendships and love. I did kind of know I was able to relate to this story very much which I suppose you could say It hit me quite hard when was reading but I enjoyed it so much.

I loved all the characters in this book so much, they all seem stuck and struggling to move on with each of their lives after Liv died, each one of them having their own secrets. Mia was Liv's best friend, a single mother but living with her own dark secret, blaming herself & hidden feelings for a certain someone.
Fraser was Liv's boyfriend and you can clearly tell when reading this book how much he did miss Liv but also having feelings for Liv's best friend wasn't something very good that was going to come out of this book...

 The rest of the characters all Jelled well together and just knew this List was going to cause problems and thrifts with each one of them. Melody definitely had her own issues with the rest of the group but the one person who shocked me the most was Anna, she shocked me with her deep down problems she actually had and had kept them so quiet from the group.

Katy definitely knew how to write these characters so well and was so raw emotion. I do recommend everyone should read this, It is a tale about five friends, 1 death and 1 list that is going to connect them forever.

This story is definitely a emotional roller coaster book with plenty of dramas, loves, loss, friendships and life. One lesson that everyone should learn: Live Life Like There Is No Tomorrow Because You Never Know What Is Round The Corner...I Highly recommend you read this!!

Paperback                 Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment