Monday 17 June 2013

The Guest List By Melissa Hill

Title: The Guest List
Author: Melissa Hill
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Publication Date: April 2013

When funny, kind and gorgeous Shane proposes, Cara is over the moon, and can't wait to share the news of their engagement with all their friends and family.

Excitement, however, quickly turns to apprehension when it seems that everyone has a fixed idea of the perfect wedding and offers to 'help' with the planning. With tussles over the ceremony and the size of guest list, sibling rivalry and insistent-in-laws-to-be, Cara can see the vision she has of her big day being ripped to shreds.

So she and Shane determine to make a stand and do things their way. But when they announce their plans for a beach wedding on a beautiful Caribbean island, there is uproar. Threats are made, family secrets are revealed, and things turn decidedly stormy.

Will Cara and Shane manage to overcome all obstacles? or will their dream wedding turn into a nightmare?


didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it


I am such a huge fan of Melissa Hill's books, when I found out about this I was so excited and couldn't wait to read! The book cover is just so cute, Very girly and easily attracts people's eyes when on shelves in bookstores or supermarkets.

So we meet Cara who is very much happy in love with Shane Richardson but he soon proposes to her and Cara is over the moon and cannot wait to share her excitement with all their friends and family, but once they tell everyone, their families try and interfere by telling them what their dream wedding should be like, leaving Cara feeling very down and not what she was hoping...

I loved this so much, made me feel very happy and warm inside because I love a good wedding and throughout the book I was rooting for Cara and Shane to have the wedding of their dreams. I wasn't a huge fan of Shane's parent's at first they came across as very selfish but my mind was changed again later on in the book. You can simply warm up to all the characters in this book and feel part of the book.

I totally didn't expect the little story-line bomb near to the end, Melissa you really threw me completely, totally had me surprised, never expected to see that coming at all.

St Lucia for a perfect wedding scene for the book great choice definitely, while reading I was dreaming I was there too on the golden warm sandy beach with beautiful blue sky no cloud to be seen and very bright sunshine, very relaxing picturesque scene. Melissa certainly knows ways to get you wanting to be in the glorious Caribbean.

I always love books by Melissa because with her style of writing,m she always gets her readers hooked and excited with her books and always has pretty book covers that you just cannot resist.
I urge you all to go grab your own copy of The Guest List because has plenty of Irish-ness, Laughter, Love, Family affairs, Sadness, Friendship & A wonderful beach wedding...what not to miss!!

You Can Buy Right Now!!
Paperback             Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment