Tuesday 4 June 2013

Author Interview with Sylvia Day

I had the ever so lovely pleasure in interviewing Sylvia today especially with the publication day for her new crossfire #3 Entwined With You which I think must can agree have been waiting so long for! I know I certainly have and i have started it today on my Kindle after pre-ordering for like 9 months after reading Reflected In You. Here is what Sylvia had to say about her new coming book....


Tell us a little about what’s in store for Eva and Gideon in Entwined with You?
Eva’s in a different place in Entwined with You. At the end of Reflected in You, Gideon made a pretty large sacrifice for her. Her big issues had been insecurities, concerns about other people – and other women, particularly – in Gideon’s life. It’s hard to have those sorts of fears and self-doubt after the person you love makes a huge sacrifice for you, like Gideon did for her. So Eva’s in a much more stable place as far as her comfort level with the relationship and being able to accept the depth of Gideon’s commitment to her. Gideon, however – what he’s done, there are a lot of ramifications. Not just externally, but internally. So as Eva grows stronger, Gideon’s actually struggling with more. That said, she’s really the anchor for that relationship; she has been from the beginning. So with her being stable, it brings new strength to their love affair, and readers will see a lot more moments of calm and connection between the two than we have seen in the previous books.


When you are writing, do you use any celebrities or people you know as inspiration?
Rarely. For the most part, the characters are unique in my mind. They don’t look like anyone else.


The Crossfire novels have been hugely successful. What has been your most memorable experience as an author to date?
Every career has milestones. Over the last ten years, I’ve been blessed to have several big ones. Career-wise, the day Bared to You hit the New York Times bestseller list as a self-published book was one that meant a lot to me. Every aspect of the production was entirely under my control and that makes it very personal. Reader-wise, every time I have a meet-and-greet is a memorable experience for me. I love spending time with other readers who love the characters as much as I do.


Can you tell us a bit about your average working day?
Before I even roll out of bed, I’m checking my email via my iPhone. Since I’m in California, all of the industry professionals I work with are operating at least a few hours ahead of me, so I start every weekday trying to catch up. I’m at my computer from waking to sleeping, doing a mix of business items (interviews, Q & As, negotiations, contract fine-tuning, cover and marketing approvals, etc.) and actual writing. If I’m awake, there’s a 90 per cent chance I’m working, inclusive of weekends and holidays.


What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I love to read, watch television, see 3-D IMAX action films, and spend time hanging out with my kids.


Entwined With You is Out Now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment