Monday 16 March 2015

Book Review: The Jackdaw by Luke Delaney


Title: The Jackdaw

Author: Luke Delaney
Publisher: Hapercollins
Publication Date: 12th March 2015



My Verdict
Yes DI Sean Corrigan is back in this fourth book by Luke Delaney! I am such a fan of Delaney's work. I was excited when I was sent a copy of The Jackdaw to read in exchange for a review from the publishers.

Wealthy Londoners are being abducted by one lone vigilante who is putting their fate in the hands of his viewers on the internet. He films the victims live online bound to a chair in a white room.. The vigilante explains their crimes of greed and why they should be punished while thousands watch and make up the jury. Once everyone votes the man who calls himself 'The Jackdaw' is the judge and executioner.
Di Sean Corrigan and his team need to work quick and fast to catch this vigilante before more people are killed...

Luke Delaney is definitely on the same par with Mark Billingham's books, Although Delaney is slowly becoming more my favourite crime/thriller author! 
The Jackdaw made me feel very creeped and I always play in my mind that these could easily happen in real life. From the first chapter I knew I was going to enjoy another book by Luke Delaney. 

It was great to catch up with Di Sean Corrigan although with this case he feels he can't get into the mind of the killer like he has done with his past cases..he has this thing where he gets deep into the case and in his mind becomes like the killer to try and understand the killer and get one step ahead, this book however Sean seems to struggle but the mystery and suspense keeps you on the edge throughout the book, I did not see the ending coming at all! Although the last chapter I felt there was something missing......which makes me eager for the next installment now!

Luke Delaney's style of writing is great because with his experience of being in the Metropolitan Police and CID dealing with high level crimes and investigated murder cases makes his books so good with plenty of detail and definitely knows how to get his readers hooked.

Delaney has once again written a superb crime book with plenty to keep you hooked all the way through and deserves 5 star rating!
Don't wait around but buy this book now!
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

Hardback                         Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment