Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Longest Holiday By Paige Toon


Title: The Longest Holiday
Author: Paige Toon
Publication Date: April 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK

"Don't wait for the storm to pass; learn to dance in the rain..."
Laura has been married to the man of her dreams for seven months. But a week before the wedding, Matthew made a terrible mistake.
Escaping the humiliation that is now her marriage, Laura is whisked off to Florida's Key West by her best friend Marty. A carefree holiday full of cocktails and fun, surrounded by gorgeous, tanned men, is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Distraction comes in the form of sexy Cuban scuba diver Leo. Laura's instant attraction to him knocks her flying, and she falls hard.
As the end of the holiday approaches, Laura doesn't want to go home. Is it time to face the music? Or is there more to Key West than a holiday romance?
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

When I heard Paige Toon was publishing a new book this year I couldn't wait to grab my copy and Boy I wasn't disappointed. Firstly I love the cover, it was so colourful and very eye catching to anyone on a book shelve and is definitely worth buying hehe!
So we meet Laura who has just got married to the man of her dreams Matthew Perry, but Laura's world all comes crashing down when she finds out her husband cheated on a week before their marriage...not the nicest thing to find out after you have got married, Laura just wanting to get away from everything is whisked away by her best friend Marty and Marty's friend Bridget to Key West where they have the times of their lives and manage to cheer Laura up, but when a handsome scuba diver distracts Laura, what is going to happen? and will she go back home after the holiday?

I adored this book so much, It was superb all the way through, Paige just knows how to get her readers hooked on to her books and you feel very warm and close to the characters so easily. My favourite character would have to be Laura, you can easily warm to her and you do kind of feel sorry for her too, because she's not had the best times in life but she keeps on going, I did have a sense of deja-vu when I was reading about her ex childhood sweetheart Will trust..I was like Hold up? I've read about him in a book before now, and with the lovely help of my Facebook friends, they confirmed Laura and Will were both in Chasing Daisy.  Leo a handsome scuba diver how could us readers not love him? He was very hard to warm up to at the beginning though but as you read on, you will be won over girlies, I promise! hehe.

The book was never predictable, each chapter just kept leaving more surprised every time and the twist at the end Paige Toon, You clever girl, I never thought that was going to happen, You even had me in tears until the very last page. I loved and I am going to remember for months, maybe years to come, A very touching story towards the end.
I have been such a big fan of Paige Toon's book for a good few years now and I just can never get enough of her books, they are always amazing and leave you feeling wanting more and more.
I do urge all you big chick lit readers who are huge fans of Paige Toon, then you go grab your copies now! You will not be disappointed, It is the perfect Holiday read for this summer!

 I also want to say because the book was so touching and so amazing, I felt it had to have my Gold star rating!! The First one for this year so far and I feel The Longest Holiday is one book your not going to forget in a hurry!

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I haven't read this yet (it's waiting very patiently in my TBR pile) but I can't wait to get stuck in.

    ReplyDelete