Monday 14 January 2013

Meet Me Under The MistleToe By Abby Clements

Title: Meet Me Under The Mistletoe

Author: Abby Clements
Publication Date: 25th October 2012
Publisher: Quercus

Childhood friends Laurie and Rachel's lives have taken very different paths since they picked up their A-level results together. Laurie is living in London and dedicated to her career, keeping track of her friends on Facebook.
Rachel is seemingly living the family idyll in a cottage in Yorkshire - except she worries her marriage is starting to show cracks.
When Rachel's mother in law falls ill and needs treatment in London, and Laurie decides she needs to get away for a break, a house swap falls into place. Soon Rachel is braving the mean streets of London while trying to keep her family together, while Laurie tries to figure out how to work an Aga and befriend the locals - and forget the man who seems intent on breaking her heart.
Will their relationships survive this test? And will they make it home in time for Christmas?


didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

Out of all the Christmas Reads that came out in 2012, I decided I had to leave this one to last and I was so glad i did! First time I saw this cover I knew I would enjoy it and i loved the cover, it was very glittery and sparkly just like how i love about a Christmas book hehe!
This is the first book by Abby Clements and I enjoyed it so much!

We meet Laurie and Rachel, childhood friends but taken very different paths, Rachel is married with two kids and is living in Yorkshire in a cute little cottage, she starts to worry that her marriage is starting to show bad cracks..
Laurie is living the high life in London with a great payed job who is dedicated to her career but keeps a track of her friends on Facebook.
I loved this book so much, the chapters flick from Laurie to Rachel which you get to warm up to the characters and meet them both busy in life when suddenly Rachel's mum falls ill quickly and needs urgent treatment in London. Rachel and Laurie get in touch and suggest about swapping places.. I loved this idea because it reminded me of the film "The Holiday" which starred Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. 

I loved both of the Characters, they both seemed so lovely even though they both seem to have complicated lives. My Favourite character would have to be Laurie though, I felt like I could relate to her and warmed up to her more with being a single girl myself and dedicated to my career just like Laurie herself.However I don't live in London lol. I did Like Rachel's character though as well with the closeness of her family and how she was trying to keep her marriage together.

This is a brilliant read which will have you smiling and laughing but also have a few tears run down your face as well lol. It was a shame we didn't get to have more chapters of Laurie and Rachel actually catching up properly. I just loved the chapter at the end on Christmas Day, was great...don't want to say too much hehe!

Im so glad I chose to read this Christmas book last as I loved it so so much and I think everyone must read it as you will all feel warm and snug reading this. It is definitely a light hearted easy read which will leave you with warm fuzzy feelings.
I will certainly be wanting to read more books by Abby Clements. She is a splendid author! Roll on her next book now hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment