Thursday 31 January 2013

A Passionate Love Affair With A Total Stranger

Title: A Passionate Love Affair With A Total Stranger
Author: Lucy Robinson

Publication Date: 31st January 2013

Publisher: Penguin Books
Source: Francesca Russell - Thank You ever so much for my copy!



Charley Lambert has put considerable effort into achieving a perfect life. She has the job. The wardrobe. And the flat. Her womanizing, junk food-loving housemate Sam lowers the tone a bit but that aside, things are peachy.  Then she breaks her leg in three places, watches her unrequited love propose to someone else and - worst of all - is forced to hand over her job to her nasty deputy while she recovers.

Workaholic Charley fears that she will soon go mad. Desperate for something to do, she discovers her talent for helping the lovelorn online. And then William arrives in her inbox. Within hours of  his first email, her world starts to change. Helpless, she watches herself fall in love with this man and begins to realise that she's not who she thought she was.

But will she be brave enough to turn her back on her old life - all for a total stranger?


didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it


Now I am new fan of Lucy Robinson's books, this being the first book I have read by Her and I LOVED it! A true Chick Lit Book it is indeed!
I have to Thank Francesca Russell @ Penguin for sending me a copy of this wonderful book. When I got my copy, I just loved the book cover straight away  looked very cute.

We meet the ever so lovely Charley Lambert a workaholic who has the perfect job, wardrobe and a flat who she shares with her womanizing junk food-loving Sam. However one day Charley ends up breaking her leg in three places and her boss comes to visit her in hospital and is told to take 3 months off work, She must give her job role to her horrible deputy just while she recovers.

Charley thinks she will go still crazy, so she discovers her talent for helping people who are looking for love online. Then a ever so handsome stranger arrives in her inbox going by the name of William, after a few email exchanges, she starts to have feelings for him but then begins to realise that she isn't who she thought she was..

I really did enjoy this book so so much, I was giggling at every page, Charley is definitely a great character for this book, I felt I could relate to her about the workaholic business thing, I do that sometimes. I Loved the chemistry between her and Sam. They are such great friends and end up helping each other in their dating business, which was fantastic, had me laughing at every moment.

All the characters were brilliant in this, They were all such a mixed bunch but however I loved them all, They all stood out in their own ways. Charley was definitely a favourite for me! Sam just seemed such a laid back kinda bloke who just sat on his ass. . . but all that changed hehe which I loved to read and see what happened.  I loved the moments with William and Shelley, They will have you laughing out loud.

This book was written beautifully by Lucy and was definitely a favourite for me. I will certainly be reading more books by Lucy in the future now.A Must read for everyone who loves chick lit books, It will have you laughing every chapter and leaving you wanting more. A Passionate Love Affair With A Total Stranger comes out 31st January..Keep your eyes pealed for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment