Tuesday 9 December 2014

Festive Guest Post: Xmas Q&A with . . . .Blogger Chloe Chicklit


Hi I'm Chloe, I'm 28 and have been a blogger for about 6 years now. I'm mum to 8 1/2 year Harry, I work as a TA in a local primary school, and have turned Harry into as much of a bookworm as his mum!



Q) When do you normally get in the Festive spirit?
In November usually, just after Halloween I like to start thinking about Christmas presents, cards and putting some xmas songs in the car! Once the shops are full of festive things, I can't help myself!



Q) What is a family tradition you like to have or do at Christmas?
One thing I always did as a child with my family was to watch The Snowman or Father Christmas on Christmas Eve in the evening before bed. Now I have Harry, we do the same thing and it's a lovely tradition to carry on. Always makes me super excited!

Q) Favourite past Christmas?
I honestly couldn't choose. I had so many amazing Christmases growing up, I was really lucky and enjoyed every single one of them with my parents and my brother. I do love being a mum at Christmas now, and so seeing Harry enjoy all of his presents is a joy, so really I don't think I could pick just one, they're all amazing for me. I'm very lucky.



Q) Do you love buying/wrapping gifts and seeing everybodys face's on Christmas Day?
My favourite bit is the wrapping up! I love sticking on some festive music, getting everything out of the cupboard, and getting started with the paper, ribbons and bows! I love making the presents look pretty and putting them under the tree. I then love watching my loved ones open them on Christmas day, nothing better than seeing faces lit up from something you've given them, especially Harry's!



Q) Favourite Christmas Book?
That's a tough one! To be honest, I don't have a favourite because I don't tend to go back to them again as I have so many new ones to read! I just enjoy lots of new festive reads each year. I particularly look forward to festive books from Jenny Colgan, Scarlett Bailey, Carole Matthews and Jenny Hale - those authors really know how to write a Christmas book!



Q) What is it like on Christmas Day for you & your family?
Whether I'm at home with Harry or with my parents (we alternate each year where we are), it's pretty much the same. Up early opening presents, Harry first, then everyone else. Then we spend the morning playing while the dinner is being cooked (either by me or my mum), and we all eat together at lunch time. Then a walk in the afternoon, more playing with the new presents, then a Christmas film in the evening, or whichever new DVD Harry has had that year (usually Top Gear, oh joy!).



Q) When do you normally put your Christmas tree up?
1st of December, or as close to it as I can. This year, it's 29th November as we are going on the Harry Potter Studio Tour on the 30th November, and it's going to be all Christmassy there, so I want to come to a feeling of Christmas as well!



Q) Favourite Christmas Movie?
Home Alone. You just can't beat it for festive feeling, and I also love Home Alone 2 as I love seeing all the places in New York I saw when I went at Christmas in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment