Tuesday 26 November 2013

Book Review: Take a Look at Me Now By Miranda Dickinson

Title: Take a Look at Me Now

Author: Miranda Dickinson
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 24th October 2013


Blurb

How far would you go to make a new start?

When Nell’s on-off boyfriend Aidan calls her into his office, losing her job is the last thing she expects.

Heartbroken and unemployed to boot, she makes a radical decision to blow her redundancy cheque and escape to the untested waters of San Francisco.

But is the glamour of the city too good to be true? And can Nell leave her past behind?

Verdict
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it A Fantastical 5* Rating that Miranda Dickinson Deserves!

Firstly the cover of Take a Look at Me Now was amazing! Very Shiny and just shouting "helllo buy me!!" I was so excited to start reading this book and within the first couple of chapters I was hooked right away...which is something I always am when it comes to Miranda Dickinson's books, I am such a huge fan of her books and have a copy of every single one so far tehe :) :)

Take a Look at Me Now see's us meeting Nell and her on-off boyfriend Aidan who calls her into the office warning her about her job and before you know it Nell is made redundant and Very heartbroken and unemployed Nell decides to blow her redundancy money on a trip to San Francisco...what girl wouldn't?

We soon follow Nell seeing the sights of San Francisco with her cousin Lizzie who shows her around and makes her feel at home until she meets the ever so handsome Max Rossie.... what will happen? and will Nell want to go back home after her 8 week trip to San Francisco?

I LOVED it!! what a superb book, Miranda you lovely lady have done it again! Made a superb book in which I am going to be telling all my friends to go out and buy or even buy them the book for Christmas.
Straight away as soon as I started reading about San Francisco I just wanted to jump on a plane right away and experience the place for myself! ( I will one day! Hehe) I am a such a huge fan of Miranda's books and I always love reading them but hate it when it ends as I get all gutted :( I love the style of writing Miranda does and how she gets her readers fully engrossed with her chapters and with the characters too. By the end of every book Miranda has written you feel like the characters are your best friends and you love them very much.

I loved following Nell in San Francisco from her sight seeing, meeting new people, deciding her future plans and just generally loving the closeness between Nell and her cousin Lizzie, it was a superb friendship and closeness as a family member I thought it was really cute how Lizzie showed Nell around everywhere and how she introduced her to the most amazing Diner everrr! The place sounded so amazing and I wanted to just be sat right there and eat everything! lol.

5 words to sum Take a Look at Me Now are Amazing, Lovable, Breathe Taking, Humorous && Inspirational. One book I am going to treasure for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment