Tuesday 22 October 2013

Book Review: Amelia Grey's Fireside Dream By Abby Clements


Title: Amelia Grey's Fireside Dream
Author: Abby Clements
Publisher: Quercus
Publication Date: 26th September 2013

Blurb
Amelia has a dream: toasting chestnuts by the fire with her husband Jack in their own cosy cottage. Their real life is another world - a cramped one-bedroom flat in Hackney. But when life takes a surprising turn, removal vans are soon heading to the Kent countryside.

They soon realise the cottage makeover is a far bigger project than they'd anticipated. On top of that, there's Amelia's newly loved-up mum and her tearaway half-sister, Mirabel, to contend with - pushing Amelia and Jack's marriage to breaking point.

Amelia begins to strip back the wallpaper and fittings in the cottage and discovers the story of the cottage's previous owner - and a hidden secret. As Amelia's ideas about love and family change, will her fireside dream finally come true?


Verdict
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it  - 5 Stars Cosy & Warm Fuzzy Feelings all round.

I am such a huge fan of Abby Clements books, ever since her first debut book came out Meet me under the mistletoe and I've loved all her books ever since. Her book covers are always outstanding and very eye catching for great book lovers like myself.

Abby's second book out this year is Amelia Grey's Fireside Dream, I was so excited to start reading this and I got chance on Sunday to start reading it and I was really glad I did, I wanted a book to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside (as it was a horrible rainy day outside) and to picture my very own cottage and This book was just perfect for that.

Amelia Is about to turn 30 and her friend Carly reminds her of a list they made for her for things to do when she turns 30 and one of her dreams on that list was to own her very own cottage cosy nights in roasting chestnuts on the fire with her loving husband Jack but reality is a one bedroom flat in Hackney.
Amelia soon gets her dream and her and Jack move to the countryside but when they get there..they realise the cottage needs a lot of work doing but I'm sure they can do it up together...However with money problems and their marriage starting to crumble..Is Amelia's Dream all about to crumble down?

This is one fantastic read you are going to be hooked within the first chapter and won't be able to put it down. I loved reading about Amelia & Jack's move to their very own cottage and reading about Amelia's handy work at decorating and making the cottage blossom like it should be :)
While reading this I could imagine myself being in their cottage all snug on the sofa with the fire on with a hot of coco in my hand just sounded totally bliss. I loved Amelia in this book, as I felt like I was just like her and when she was deciding what to do for each room in the house and the finishing touches she would put to each of the rooms, It just reminded me of myself very much.

I don't want to give too much away with this book as I feel like you should read this yourself and you can picture the cottage yourself and seeing the couple and the cottage blossom :)
Abby Clements has done a fantastic job once again and I cannot wait to read more of Abby's books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment